Tagged Tuesdays originated at Anni’s Bubble and is is a fun, engaging post for bloggers to connect, share and reinvent themselves. Each week bloggers will be given a specific topic to write about and we encourage readers to visit the blogs, comment and share. This week I decided to participate.
When Anni told me what the topic is this week I must admit I made the totally clueless face. What in the world do I have to say about not wanting to be a kid in 2014?
- A pack of gum today costs as much as a sandwich did in early 1970s.
- Recess is NOT an automatic part of the day now.
- Gym is only fun and games. When I was growing up we were actually taught how to play sports in gym.
- If I were a kid now I’d be terrified to go anywhere alone. (How many registered sex offenders reside in and around your neighborhood?)
- Education is more about stats and preparing for mandated testing than expanding the curriculum and a child’s mind. I don’t think I’d get as much out of learning as I did in the 80s.
- There’s too much playing indoors and not enough exploration and creativity. (Of course, I wouldn’t want to go outside now anyway. See #4)
That about covers it for now. Tell me, why are you glad you’re not a kid in 2014?