For quite some time, when my computer would go into hibernation (and even when it was shut down) it would lose the wireless Internet connection. And getting it back up took more time than I have to spare each day. I called my computer-knowledgeable friend for a fix. Ten minutes later he had the answer in my in box. Today, my gift to you is the easy instructions on how to solve this problem:
1. Click Start
2. Right Click Computer
3. Click Manage
4. Click in the left window pane
5. Go to Network Adapters and click the arrow to the left of the words
6. Now you will see your network adapter or adapters if you have more than one. In my case it was an L1 Gigabit. Right Click your network adapter.
7. Click Properties
8. Go to the Power Management Tab
9. Make sure all boxes are unchecked.
10. Once you've unchecked the boxes click okay and restart your system.
11. Enjoy never losing your connection again.
I'm not sure where he found these instructions, but they worked. One computer problem down and one to go. Now if you know how to fix my Windows Live Writer problem, please leave a comment to let me know. Thanks ... enjoy your Monday.