Whew! I can’t believe how quickly this day has passed and there is still so much to do. Nope, that’s not a complaint! I did a little tackling today (Tackle It Tuesday is inspired and initiated by 5 Minutes for Mom) and I am going to reveal a little of my To Do List (To Do Tuesday is happening over at Crazy Adventures in Parenting).
Okay, the last time I combined my Tackle It & To Do Tuesday this is what my to-do list looked like. Let’s see how I did:
Establish a spot to put gift items so that everything is in the same place. I can't remember whose blog I read it on, but someone called it a gift closet. It doesn't have to be an entire closet just somewhere I'll remember. Mail care packages and items to my oldest daughter.
- File papers, answer mail and find a home for everything that lurks on and under my desk. UPDATE: Partially complete & ongoing.
- Try to remember what else I need to do that's not already on my list. :D UPDATE: Not even gonna try to remember.
- Biggest one: Stop procrastinating and letting fear of failure (fear of success?) take over. UPDATE: An ongoing process.
- Update Christmas shopping list.
- Make wreath for the front door.
- Finish and return paperwork to VA & other agency.
- Do some laundry! (I don’t even know why we torture ourselves and put this one on the list. It’s never-freaking-ending!)
- Dismantle destroyed toddler bed. (Yea, just imagine how it got that way.)
- Get clothes and stuff donations to Goodwill and daughter of a friend.
- Ask daughter’s best friend’s father to fix the lamp(s).
I think I’m going to end there. I have quite a few other things that need to be completed, but like Lisa at Crazy Adventures in Parenting recommends you don’t want to overwhelm yourself. I agree. :D
Once again I’ve done an impromptu tackle. I was in the $1 store getting supplies for my wreath and saw the containers, baskets and buckets. I have to force myself not to buy these things unnecessarily so in order to
make an excuse have a reason to purchase something I think about what I need to do around the house.
I saw some drawer organizers and had the perfect spot for them: The catch-all drawer in my kitchen. (What is it with me and these catch-all places? Remember my cabinet from last week?) Brace yourself… This is what the drawer looked like before:
This is everything that came out of the drawer:
You can see the blue drawer organizers above and below. This is the organizer with a ridiculous number of straws in it and I had to sneak to throw some away when the children weren’t looking:
This is what the drawer looks like now:
HOWEVER, it’s supposed to look something like this:
There was a basket at the back of the drawer… Nope, you can’t see it in the first picture because it’s buried… that I was hoping to fit in the space in front of or behind the blue drawer organizers. As you can see it doesn’t fit and I can’t find anything around the house to suffice. Now I have to go back to the $1 store (insert sneaky, happy laugh here) and purchase something a little shorter than the drawer organizers that fits in that spot. For now, the drawer looks like the after picture. I think I’ll have to further reduce what goes in the additional organizer because it already looks a little cramped. The good thing about all of this is I actually had items that went into the box to give to Goodwill.
I feel such accomplishment. Aren’t you proud? LOL
Now, what are you tackling and doing this week?