Not only have I not seen such a quick way to register for a domain name, but there's a chance to win something at the same time. Keep reading because you can't pass up the Netfirms contest. There are a couple of ways to enter for a chance to win one of the new iPod Touches or a Macbook:
(I wouldn't mind a Macbook.)
1. You can tweet this statement: "Win a #free iPod Touch or Macbook from the @Netfirms #contest. Domain registration services via Twitter http://bit.ly/yJfJK."
2. Register a domain name via the Netfirms Twitter Domain Registration service for just $7.99.
You can do one retweet per day, which equals one entry and one domain registered equals one entry.
This is how it works: When you send a direct message to @Netfirms on Twitter asking them to register a domain name for you they will check its availability. If it's available then they'll register it and automatically add it to your existing Netfirms Control Panel. All you have to do is add your Twitter username to your Netfirms Control Panel.
Here are the details:
1. Log into your Twitter account.
2. Send a direct message to @netfirms that says "reg mynewdomain.com."
3. Netfirms will confirm by replying via DM and then it's ready to use.
How simple is that?
Now, what are you waiting for?