(see below for terms & conditions)
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by Petula Lloyd. For questions about this blog, please send correspondence to email@example.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation and abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog with the exception of personal opinions expressed by the writer and editor. That content, advertising space or post may or may not be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner of this blog is occasionally compensated and often provided complimentary products and/or services to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The posts where this is relevant are annotated as such as required by Federal Trade Commission. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for some of the posts or advertisements, there will always be honest opinions, findings, beliefs or experiences on those topics or products. Should any reader, consumer or individual purchase, test, try and/or use any product or service recommended or written about by the writer/editor, guest writers, sponsors, advertisers or commenters within this blog the content providers (listed above herein) shall not be held liable for any problems, injuries, fatalities or conditions as a result.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own with the possible exception of completely pasted and copied guest blog posts, press releases or sponsored content. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
All works posted - including poetry, prose and creative ideas - are under copyright and should not be redistributed, copied or utilized without express permission from the blog owner/writer.
To get your own policy, go to DisclosurePolicy.org.
TERMS & CONDITIONS #giveawaysThese terms and conditions were updated June 26, 2015.
These Giveaway Terms and Conditions apply only to contests and giveaways conducted by Petula Writes. They do not apply to contests and giveaways we publicize that are hosted by other websites or companies. (These rules apply to giveaways held on Petula Writes, not to linked and/or advertised contests for other sites or blogs, which all have their own rules.)
1. No purchase necessary. No purchase is necessary to enter to win.
2. Who can enter? You must provide a valid shipping address (and email address where valid). We ship to USA (50 states including Alaska and Hawaii) and Canada, unless specified otherwise. You must be ages 18 or older. If you enter or win and you reside outside of the shipping area stated here, you will be disqualified and a new winner chosen.
3. Acceptance of Giveaway Terms and Conditions. By entering giveaways listed on Petula Writes you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you object to (do not agree) with any statement within these Terms and Conditions, do not enter any giveaway.
4. Methods of Entry. To enter a giveaway, follow the directions listed in the giveaway notification and/or post. You must provide a valid email address with your entry. There is no limit to how many times you can win or how often you can win a giveaway on Petula Writes. You can enter once per contest unless stated otherwise in the giveaway post.
5. Prizes. The prize awarded will be as described in the giveaway post and notification. On occasion, winners may receive a surprise gift or information that's chosen at the discretion of Petula Writes' owner.
6. Determining winner. Drawings are random unless otherwise specified. In random drawings, Rafflecopter or randomizer.org will be used to determine the winner. When drawings are not random, the method of choosing the winner will be specified in the giveaway listing.
7. Dates of giveaways. The dates for entering giveaway(s) will be clearly listed in the giveaway notification and/or post.
8. Notification and response. Winners will be notified by email and have three (3) calendar days to respond to the announcement and provide a valid shipping address. If winner(s) has not responded before the three days have expired, a new winner will be selected.
9. Disqualification. Entries which have been determined to be fraudulent or invalid will be disqualified. Disqualification can result from:
a. Failure of a potential winner to respond to an email notification within three (3) calendar days after the winner's announcement has been sent including
b. The return of the winning email announcement as undeliverable
c. The return of any prize as undeliverable
d. Non-compliance with the methods of entry
e. Any and other non-compliance with the Terms and Conditions
10. Privacy. We respect your privacy and do not sell contact information. We may send entrants notification of future contests via email. You may unsubscribe at any time. Certain prizes are provided by third parties and sponsors not owned by Petula Writes and we do not have control over the privacy policies of third-party sponsors. Your name and mailing address will be provided to them for shipment of your prize. Although not encouraged to do so, third-party companies may use your name and mailing address in accordance with their specific privacy policies that are not regulated by Petula Writes.
11. Prize delivery. Please allow 2-6 weeks for your prize to arrive. If you haven’t received your prize after at least 14 business days since winner was announced, email petulawrites(at)gmail.com to let us know.
12. Lost or stolen prizes will not be replaced.
13. General Conditions. The following general conditions apply to our giveaways:
a. Void Where Prohibited. The giveaway is void where prohibited, taxed, regulated or where registration is required. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. We reserve the right to disqualify any participant (for present and future entries) thought to be attempting to disrupt the giveaway.
b. Cancellation. We reserve the right to cancel, suspend or modify the giveaway if fraud, virus or other technical problems or any other factors beyond our control in any way interfere or corrupt the administration of the giveaway.
c. Prohibition of Automated Entries. Any use of automated or programmed methods of effecting entries online is prohibited.
d. Viruses. We are not responsible for communications errors, viruses, worms, or other contaminants that may affect or damage your computer system or data while participating in the giveaway.
e. Release. Except where prohibited, by making an entry, participant releases and holds harmless Petula Writes (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the giveaway, human or technical errors, or receipt or use of any prize. In no event will Petula Writes or its subsidiaries, affiliates, and their shareholders, directors, officers, employees, representatives or agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of the giveaway.
f. Disclaimer of Sponsor Responsibility. Except where prohibited, by making an entry, participant agrees that the Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by the participant or printing errors; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the giveaway; (c) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of Entries; or (d) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participant’s participation in the giveaway or receipt, use or misuse of any prize.
g. Legal. Except where prohibited, by making an entry, participant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the giveaway or any prize awarded, other than the administration of the giveaway or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually and exclusively by the appropriate state or federal court located in Clayton County, Georgia, USA; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall not include out-of-pocket costs incurred.
d, travel expenses, or attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and sponsor in connection with the giveaway, shall be governed solely by, and construed exclusively in accordance with, the laws of the USA, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the USA or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the USA.
h. Except where prohibited, by making an entry, you hereby waive all rights to royalties, exclusive or non-exclusive rights, titles, and interests, including but not limited to exclusive copyright ownership of each entry.
14. Giveaway Terms and Conditions. To obtain a copy of these Giveaway Terms and Conditions, please print this page.