Friday, June 20, 2008
Beautiful, isn't she? And she -- this little package of sweet hugs & snuggles -- gives me the most trouble. She can fight naps for hours: Her record is almost four hours. She can consistently do the opposite of what you want her to do all day long. She pretends like she doesn't understand English. And she has mastered the art of the I'm-so-devastated-you-said-no cry.
Here she is trying to get something off of the ground that I told her not to.
To everyone who reads this blog and especially to everyone who comments (HEE), I'm passing these on to you. You guys make blogging particularly special... thanks!
**Make sure you pay attention to the letter “T” cause I may be tagging you!**
A. Attached or Single? Attached... uh, kind of. Hmmm?
B. Best Friend? Frankie... Michael... yea, all my good friends are men.
C. Cake or pie? Cake if it's chocolate. (just like Tammy!)
D. Day of choice? Saturday!
E. Essential item? Laptop
F. Favorite color? Red
G. Gummy bears or worms? Neither
H. Home town? Centreville
F. Favorite indulgence? Chocolate (just like Tammy! LOL)
J. January or July? July
K. Kids? 4
L. Life isn’t complete without? Money
M. Marriage date? September 14, 2002
N. Number of brothers and sisters? 2 brothers 0 sisters
O. Oranges or Apples? Apples
P. Phobias? Heights, kind of.
Q. Quotes? Dance like nobody's watching.
R. Reasons to smile? When I pay a bill.
S. Season of choice? Summer
T. Tag 5 people: Farah and Shaunalynn
U. Unknown fact about me? I am not that nice.
V. Vegetable? Spinach
W. Worst habit? Yelling
X. X-ray or Ultrasound? Huh???
Y. Your favorite food? Can I say chocolate?
Z. Zodiac sign? Virgo
Z. Which zoo animal is your favorite? Uh... lions, I guess.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
I mentioned to you recently that I used to list things on eBay to make extra money and that I would be listing my wedding dress soon. Well (Farah!), it's up.
Check it out and tell me what you think. I love the description (yes, I'm biased) if I didn't already own it I would buy it myself just based on the description alone. LOL.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Here's a pic of what I bought:
Well, it seems as if I lost my receipt so I can't give you all the details accurately, but I can tell you that each of those Dove products was buy one get one free, the iced teas were also buy one get one free and the Blistex was too. I had a get-it-for-free coupon for the Oust. The Ajax was 88 cents. And the Kotex was two for $5.00. Everything came to about $43, but I only spent about $30. Man, I wish I had the receipt.
Okay, so on another CVS trip, which I don't have pictures of -- sorry, I got the Scott 12-pack of toilet tissue for $5.99 (it's normally $9.99). I got the Oral-B toothbrushes for $6.99, but I got $6.99 in ExtraCare bucks so it's like getting it for free. (Now, all I have to do is remember to go use those bucks!) I bought the Sea Breeze astringents for buy one get one free and a bottle of Aveno Positively Smooth lotion that's normally $7.99 for $4.00 and a Clean & Clear moisturizer that's normally about $7.00 for $3.50.
What I like the most about these shopping trips is I only bought stuff that we absolutely need and use. Have you had any gotta-tell-somebody-what-a good-deal-I-got shopping trips?
Now she has something else going on ... drum roll, please: Her very first giveaway! I've taken way too long to post about this (I hope she forgives me) so you have to pop on over right now and check it out.
I hope to win one of the cute little purses for my middle daughter. Good luck to you and tell Shaunalynn I said hello!
It took us about four tries to get this picture and there's actually a better one than this that wouldn't load. There was one where the baby had her hand in front of her face, another where Amareah (who's on my lap) had her head thrown back with a mouth-open laugh and there was one where Anna wasn't looking. Whew!
That picture was taken yesterday... so it is the most recent pic of me with my children. Aren't they adorable? (Unfortunately, my butt looks gigantic with the way I'm leaning into the pic. LOL!)
~ Start Copy ~
1. Start Copy from "Begin Copy" until "End Copy".
2. Choose the photo(s) of you and your child(ren) that you would like to share in your blog, with a small story/explanation about when and where the photo(s) was/were taken.
3. Add your blog name and URL blog, then leave your URL post in here. And I'll add you to the Master List.
4. Please help spread this tag by tagging your friends as much as you can.
5. Please come back again to copy the update of the master list, often. This process will help new participants to get the same gains as the first participants.
Master List :1. Juliana's Site 2. 2. Moms.....check nyo 3. Pinay WAHM 4. Residual Matters 5. So Cute 6. Pinaymama's Diary 7. Beauty of Life 8. Point of View 9. The Callalily Space 10. Nyumix 11. Aeirin Collections 12. 3 Garnets & 2 Sapphires 13. Twerlermz's Blog 14. My Virtual Journal 15.Mummy Diaries 16. It's a woman's world!
~ End Copy ~
If you haven't already done it (even though I'm late) you can do it now.
Everyone is quite tan already this summer. Amber works outside at a nearby YMCA where she's a junior counselor. They swim, canoe, hike and do all sorts of outdoor activities. The younger kids have been swimming and spend a lot of time at the park (every evening!).
Earlier that day I burned my arm. What makes it so bad is that it's burnt right under a scar that I've had since I was about 8. I burned my arm on the iron then and I did the same thing yesterday.
Oh, and because I couldn't resist. I took a picture for you...
The straight line is the new burn, which thank goodness doesn't hurt anymore and the nice square one is from years ago.
After the excitement of a sleepy, cranky baby and a stinging red arm the younger kids had their time at the park while we waited for the teenagers to get off of work. Needless to say, I wasn't in a park mood and hopped up as soon as I saw them to come home.
And, that is all I remember about yesterday.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
You see that eye-catching little widget in my sidebar? The one that says "Job Search Site: Recent Jobs?" Well, not only can you search for a job there, but if you have a job that you need filled you can post it there!
How does it help me? I'm glad you asked. Of course I get a little something-something from the mere $1.50 per day that one would pay for a job listing. So it works out for all involved.
If you know someone who needs a job filled then why don't you suggest to them that they advertise here? It's a win-win, right?
One of the great things about advertising on my Job-a-matic widget is that the job listing will be posted across the network. For instance, it'll be listed on MySpace Jobs, LinkedIn, MyWay and SimplyHired.
What are you waiting for? Advertise today.
Yes, I know. I'll be selling my wedding dress. At least I hope I will. When I first got married my oldest daughter expressed an interest in wearing my dress when she walked down the aisle. That has since changed. I can't -- or, I guess, won't -- hold onto it on the off chance that one of my younger daughters, who are just 1 and 3, will want to wear it. I have to make money however I can.
It's funny (not really), how my reality hasn't changed much since August of last year. In fact, it's probably gotten a little worse. But, what hasn't changed is my need to take care of myself and my children. I do want to mention, which I'll post more about at another time, that I have about three really good real-world friends. And there has been one who has gone above and beyond what I could ever hope and imagine.
I want to say thank you to him now. We've known each other for 22 years and every cent, every kind word, every late night VA assistance, every shoulder and everything else he's done is so very appreciated.
You can check out My World at eBay when you get the chance. Then check back often as I hope to list more items whenever I can.
BTW: Thanks for being such good blogosphere friends. Your support means the world to me.
Monday, June 16, 2008
I was over at Everything nice! and saw the post about this experiment by Bradblogging.com, which gives your site backlinks to increase your ranking. So, I thought I would give it a try -- not only to increase ranks (I'm not even sure about the Technorati stuff), but to show some linky love.
Just follow these steps:
1. Copy The List Below into a blog post of yours.
2. Add Your Link To The List
3. Comment on this post and leave your links. Also, do not forget to leave your comment and links to the ORIGINAL POST so your blog will be included on the master list (this is very important).
4. Watch Your Authority Sky-Rocket.
*–Copy Here - Technorati Authority–*
1. Brad Blogging.com - Daily Blog Tips For The Masses 2. Daily Blogging Tips At The Daily Rambler 3. Blog Chews - Blog About Anything 4. Steve v4.6 - Big Made Small 5. GIVEAWAY CITY 6. Indo Contest.com - Find the Latest Contest Here 7. POTPOLITICS-We Smoke the Competition 8. ATA - AskTheAdmin.com 9. Dolly’s Daily Diary 10. The Tech Juice - Tech Tips And More 11. Wendy’s OBA, Blog Tips & Tricks 12. Wendy’s Reel - Fact And Fancy 13. A Grateful Heart 14. 50+Whatever..Just some Ramblings in Life 16. The Blog for DesignCreatology 17. Contest Whiz - The Blog Contest Expert 18. About Blog Contests 19. Esmeraldasblog - Como aumentar la Authority de Technorati 20. Best Widgets for free - Blog Widgets 21. New life by Pitonizza 22. Todo Seiya - Como aumentar la Authority de Technorati 23. Blog for Spanish Readers 24. The Blogger And The Blog 25. Hero Help 26. Makmalcyber 27. Forex Study 28. Techyplus 29. 8 30. Darn Good Reviews 31. Blogger Tips - DotBlogger 32. Lilyruths This and That 33. That Blog 4 Me 34. Pinoytek - Make Money Online and SEO Blog 35. Snigit(blogspot) 36. Snigit(.com) 37. Best Of The Web 38. Swat the Fly 39. Area3000 40. Shut Up And Eat 41. Find Torrent Blog 42. Cebu in the World 43. Web Design 44. Trestin Adventures 45. Ask Trestin 46. Trestin Autobiography 47. Trestin Ideas 48. Trestin Gallery 49. Trestin Games 50.(Impressive Results!) Trestin Hall Of Fame 51. Trestin History 52. Parnell Forever 53. Trestin Political 54. Trestin Spiritual 55. Trestin Sports 56. Trestin Store - Yep, Each One Of These Are Different Blogs. 57. The Ordinary Agung 58. Il blog di Luca Marchi 59. What About Brazil? 60. Shri Rada Blog 61. Hawaiian Travel Blog 62. Hawaii Cruise Superstore 63. GadgetHeat! 64. Over The Sky 65. Yavinator log 66. I Travel to Work do you? 67. The Home Page of Tony Smith, Writer of Comic Books, Articles & Screenplays 68. Ultimate Credit Online 69. The Rhythm of Write 70. A Hoosier Family 71. Analyzed Marketing Solutions 72. O2S Media 73. Project Swole - Fitness and Nutrition 74. Life is simple, Don’t make it complicated 75. Yet Another Blog from Marco Ciacci 76.Vhiel's Corner 77. Anything and Everything in Between 78. Designs By Vhiel 79. Can of Thoughts 80. Everything Nice! 81. It's a woman's world! 82. Keep on joining!! Benefit yourself + the people above!