Life... Health... Reviews...

Monday, March 3, 2008

Sorry... I was oh, so sick!

Let me first apologize for temporarily dropping out of the blogging world. I know I've been MIA for the past three days. All of a sudden I got really busy (yes, busier than usual) and really sick!

Let me re-cap:

Monday through Thursday I had been feeling a little under the weather, but had been taking medicine, herbs, drinking tea, eating soup... you name it, I think I tried it. Thursday night my stomach and head were really hurting, but I didn't have time to stop and rest. Number 1 had a meeting regarding our county's public school system losing their accreditation (more on that later) and I rushed to take her to that. On Friday I dropped #2 and #3 at the sitters and had to take the baby for her 9-month check up (she's tiny, but healthy and growing steadily!). We came home briefly then #1 had a job interview at the YMCA! (Uh, more about that later too, if I don't forget.) Her interview was at 4:30.

My stomach had been hurting most of the day, my head was pounding and my throat was scratchy but I didn't have time to stop and think about it because #2 had a "basketball celebration" at the church that hosts his basketball team. So I went right to that after dropping #1 at home. That was at 6:30.

The celebration seemed to last for hours, but at the end a friend said that it was only an hour. I couldn't believe it! As I walked to the car, I was so extremely cold and my head kept pounding.

The children's dad gave me money for them to get dinner out and I rode through KFC drive-thru and went straight home.

I called #1 who had her #1 friend over and asked them to come help me get the kids out of the car... I could barely make it in the house. I said, "I'll just lay down for a minute; I really don't feel that great."

Teenager: "No, you can just go to bed."

Thank God for that! I crawled into the bed feeling so sick. I asked for a heating pad and an extra blanket. I hadn't eaten, but I couldn't even eat a biscuit. I finally dozed off and woke up a little while later with that feeling in my stomach. You know the one. The one where you keep swallowing hoping that you don't have to make a mad dash to the bathroom. Well, hope didn't win out and I raced (as fast as I could) to the bathroom!

Uh, can you say: yuck?!

I stayed in bed the rest of the night, but had to get up around 6 a.m. or so to drive the teenagers to the rally/march about the accreditation issue. Now, just to give you an idea of how bad I felt: I always dress when I leave the house even if I just take off my jammies and throw on some jeans and a jacket. I actually left the house in pajama pants! Even I couldn't believe it. Luckily, I have a mini-van and didn't have to actually get out of the van when #1 got out (she drove there!).

Once back home I got the kids something to eat as best as I could and laid on the couch watching cartoons with the kids and talking to friends on the phone. I was so grateful that one of the teenager's friends was able to bring them home. I'm not going to mention that it was a boy she likes! GASP, did I actually "say" that aloud?!

Later in the day I was able to eat and walk around in an upright position! Finally, by Sunday, I was feeling a little human. And... now... here we are!

I'm so glad I'm feeling better now I just have to figure out where I left off and what needs to be done and what in the world I'm forgetting to do...

Blogger Template Created by pipdig